Ano Pedina (or Pano Sudena) is one of the villages called Zagorochoria, which are scattered at the foot of mountain Pindos, on the southwestern slopes of the mountain Tymphi and north of the mountainMitsikeli. It is built around a central square, with a large church, a plane tree and cobbled streets and paths connecting the rest of the village.
The village is listed as a traditional settlement because it retains its characteristic Zagorian architecture
MONUMENTS SUCH AS
The Lambriadio school. The donation of Ioannis Lambriadis, which began operation in 1933 in the building of the Girls’ School and continued until 2006, when it was closed due to a lack of students, and from 1/7/2014 the building of the Lambriadio Weaving Schoolat Ano Pedinawas transferred to University of Ioannina.
The Evangelistrias Monastery, which since 1972, has been characterized as a listed Byzantine monument. The monastery has a fortress view, with high walls on the north-eastern side and cells in the southwest. We do not know exactly when it was founded; however, in the covenant of the benefactors Paschalis from Kapesovo, Evangelistria is called “Palaioros”, that is, an old monastery. It was recorded in 1809 with the donation of Christodoulos Marinos and his wife. This donor is depicted in the temple next to the relevant inscription.
The Agia Paraskevi Monastery, the main church of which is a three-aisled basilica with a dome and islocated 1 km from Ano Pedina.
The temple of Agios Dimitrios is a three-aisled basilica and was built in 1793. The wood-carved iconostasis, the episcopal throne and the pulpit of the temple date back to the 19th century while 17th-19th century icons are preserved.